John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Monday, August 20, 2012

HONDURAS

"... Then those who believe in God will be careful to use their lives for doing good". (Titus 3:8)

I forgot to give you an update from last time I wrote, so here it is:

Honduras trip (July 27 - August 10) went wonderful, God protected all of us in our team and the team that came a day after us.

I had the chance to share with the older girls the "Good News" and reassure them how much God loves them, that He will never forget or forsake them, that we are, they are the princesses of Him, we are His baby girls and that He only wants us to accept His open arms and walk with Him.  
These girls were amazing, even life and the world sin have damaged their lives (the reason for them to be in the orphanage) they welcome the good news and the word of our Savior (the Bible).  I read to them passages, talk to them and I just saw this thirst, these hearts open, wanting to learn more and more about God (what a blessing to me to experience this) I had the time to share and hear some of their awful, sad, sad stories, pray for them and hope I was a good witness to them.  I had the privilege to share Christ with them and pray for them.
God was all around, this place belongs to him, you can feel His presence all around.  A place with more than 600 children in it (almost like a small city on its own) this place has grown and it has grown beautiful by the grace of God that has supplied everything to keep this kids and maybe more to come.
Honduras is a very, very poor country, we took a bus from Tegucigalpa (the city where the airport is) to Guaimaca (where the orphanage is) about 1 and half hour by bus, it is a huge difference once you get to Emmanuel, it is a blessing for the kids that can find refuge in Emmanuel, God bless the people that work in there and volunteer to keep the place up.

Bethany made good friends with handicap toddlers, I was very proud to see my kid being so king and good to those kids (most people don't wanna deal with them, but they need more love than the other kids).  She made friends everywhere and with everyone, kids use to call her "stephanie" at times, but she did not mind.  She helped taking care of the toddlers in many instances, she love and play with them.  When we came back she asked me "mom, can we go back to the orphanage in Honduras some time?... that spoke tons to me.  The Lord blessed me with this mission trip, it is good to be back, but I miss the kids in Emmanuel orphanage, I will keep them in my heart and prayer.

Doctors, ok, I had my MRI and blood work, saw my Oncology Doctor on Thursday on the 19th of this month and he said there are no changes on that growth on the left hemisphere, has not grow or change, still a 3mm growth, but nothing to worry about unless it changes.  On the right hemisphere there is no changes either, so everything is good.  We will follow other issues like nausea, and vision, but seems these tumors are dormant and nothing to worry unless they show activity.  I will have my next MRI in 3 months, we will keep following to make sure no changes happen.  My blood is good, my weight is good, I am fine and I boast that my Lord is the one that is next to me giving me health and life to keep going, kicking, and singing aloud to Him praises.

I moved, my new address is close to Bethany's school and stores, I am close to everything!
I have almost finished opening boxes and putting the place together (I still have not found some cooking pans (lol)) I say thanks to God that open this door for me.

Bethany is back to school, she is on 3rd grade now and today was her 1st day of class, she is growing super fast!

Love you all,
Sofia
ps: a pic of Bethany and a friend she made from the orphanage "Genesis" is her name"

No comments:

Post a Comment