John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas is here...

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit" Titus: 3:5

I am so glad that salvation is not by works, but by faith. There is another Bible verse that says that salvation is by faith and not deeds so no one boast.
How many times I have done a good deed, felt good about it, but many times feeling like "the good one", and you know, it is really easy for me to boast on something good I do; however, the word makes me recognize that it is my flesh, pride growing in me, and although yes, is a blessing to feel good when we do good, but it is wrong to feel we are the owners of heaven because of it.
It amazes me when I think about my Jesus, leaving His kingdom, to come to earth to serve me, to die for me. Coming like a little baby, completely needy of care like any other human.
Christmas, a time to meditate about what an incredible gift we have received... our Jesus, our Savior was born long time ago, came as a babe, weak and in need of care; The King of Kings and Lord of Lords left everything for us and came to this world in the most humbled way so that you and me could be saved.
The Bible says that anyone that believes in Him, and confesses with his lips He is the Messiah, The Savior (our) will be saved. How wonderful this is, and what a relief for me that I am not saved by the good deeds I do ( I fall short) and that I am saved by His grace only, that He paid the price of my sins, giving me the ultimate gift of love, dying in the cross.
Let's rejoice this Christmas, let's forget if we do or we don't have enough money for gifts, let's be at peace with ourselves and relax that salvation, the best gift ever, has been granted to us through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment